The National Executive Committee, (NECO) and National Council of the Southern Cameroons National Council, (The COUNCIL) met respectively on July, 15 and 16, 2016 in Bamenda. It examined and deliberated on the life of the movement at home and the Diaspora, state of the nation and international scene and took the following Resolutions.
THE LIFE OF THE MOVEMENT
From the County Chairpersons’ reports, The Council noted that due to crushing poverty and general hardship, Grassroots structures were no longer as viable as before.
Council also received Diaspora report from Mr Albert Zama, the representative from SCNC – USA Chapter who actively participated and made profound contributions to the debates.
Council received from the National Chairman fraternal warm greetings and brief report from Mr Cletus Fondo, representative from Canada who due to time constraint regretted his inevitable departure to catch his return flight.
Considering the challenging task at hand, The Council directs as follows;
- That the redynamisation of Grassroots structures – the Precincts, the LGAs and the Counties should be completed and lists submitted at next National Council meeting.
- That the Secretary General should finalise arrangements and organise fresh elections to replace the deceased County Chairperson of Ngoketunjia County and report at next Council meeting.
- That County Chairpersons as a nationalistic duty should build bridges with all the vital forces within their respective areas of jurisdiction.
- That Diaspora Chapters should be all inclusive, serving as the British Southern Cameroons sanctuary for national renaissance, be redynamised to effectively assume their ambassadorial role and intensify their lobbying roles as well as contribute materially, logistically and financially towards the realisation of the ultimate goal of the struggle, namely, national independence and sovereignty.
- That Diaspora Chairpersons should communicate more frequently with the National Secretariat to keep abreast with authentic information to avoid being misled with distorted information.
- That counting the odds all members should rededicate themselves to being the barefoot soldier and should carry out effective education of Southern Cameroonians to know the legal truth, their legal rights for once they are empowered they will become more assertive and properly defend their collective identity. To this effect Council lauded the efforts of the National Chairman and the staff of the National Secretariat in constantly producing sound educational materials. Council graciously received the 2nd edition of National Renaissance which was launched by Mr. Albert Zama and called on all to read and spread the political gospel for national rebirth.
LIFE OF THE BRITISH SOUTHERN CAMEROONS NATION
COUNCIL PAINFULLY NOTES
- That the annexationist ruling clan piloted by an ethnic oligarchy persists in its oppressive, exploitative determination to extinct British Southern Cameroons from the map of Africa for the prestige and grandeur of la Republique du Cameroun.
- That the Yaounde regime is determined to annihilate all the Anglo-Saxon cultural heritage while paying lip service to “unification” to deceive and mislead the gullible Southern Cameroonians and those with weak spines.
- That the annexation and assimilation agenda has no room for dialogue, negotiation and compromises for these are predicated on respect and equal standing of the partners concerned.
- That Yaounde’s bold-attack on our inherited Anglo-Saxon educational system and the Common Law under the pretext of harmonisation and recent decree on the nationalisation of the CDC and transfer of its headquarters from Bota – Victoria in British Southern Cameroons to la Republique du Cameroun, must be seen as a sharp knife the annexationist regime wants to drive through our heart.
-Takes judicious note of the growing nationalistic consciousness in Southern Cameroonians thanks to the educational materials issued by the SCNC, other patriots, and the good work of the print media and the audio and calls on all vital forces, the youths, the women and men to strengthen the patriotic bonds of unity and defend our inherent right to a sovereign homeland. He who fails to defend his self worth and identity but depends on and slavishly serves his slave master to attain a subordinate status will remain a serf forever.
-Congratulates the Common Law Lawyers, the various Teachers Trade Unions, the Education Forum on the Anglo-Saxon educational heritage for the good work courageously initiated. The drive from all angles should be towards the liberation and restoration of the sovereign statehood of British Southern Cameroons. Harmonisation is assimilation for the consolidation of annexation and colonial occupation, that’s total annihilation of the British Southern Cameroons nation.
-Salutes the Bamenda Market Women, the Buyam Sellam, the Petty traders for rising up to say “NO” to the intensification of exploitation, over taxation, economic genocide visited on Southern Cameroons, for the glory of the Yaounde oligarchy and its mentor Paris.
-Calls on the total mobilisation and organisation of all the vital forces for national liberation, the key to our collective dignity, progress and prosperity.
-Assures the Bamenda Market Women and all the petty traders that removing the current Government Delegate and replacing him with another, changes nothing. The problem is with the system which is anti-people, insensitive, nonchalant and inherently corrupt and irredeemably autocratic. Under Yaounde British Southern Cameroons will forever remain a farm and a mine for mindless exploitation and plunder.
-Reminds the dynamic mothers and youths of our beloved Fatherland, British Southern Cameroons, abundantly blessed by God, that British Southern Cameroons is not an integral part of la Republique du Cameroun. We are a separate nation and a distinct people under international law entitled to sovereign independence. This is our inherent right and in unity under the Lord of Justice, we will triumphantly restore our Government in Buea-the key to our political salvation, economic development and progress.
-Reiterates SCNC’s irrevocable commitment to national restoration and calls on all forces to jump on the SCNC liberation train for a holistic approach for a permanent solution of rebuilding the British Southern Cameroons nation on constitutional democracy, effective separation of powers, rule of law, participatory democracy, where those in authority rule by the consent of the governed and remain transparent and accountable to the ruled in whom resides popular sovereignty.
-Calls on all Southern Cameroons political and economic elites, the intelligentsia, Common Law Lawyers at home and abroad, Traditional Rulers, Religious Authorities to put an end to playing the ostrich game and understand that what took place in Wum was not against the victims nor is the plan to transfer the CDC Headquarters to a town in la Republique du Cameroun an affront or attack on the Bakweri or a matter for Fako County. What became of the CamBank and the Produce Marketing Board nationalised and transferred after the 1972 fraudulent referendum? While the Wum Saga demonstrates the impunity of the Yaounde regime against us, the planned transfer of the CDC Headquarters which confirms Dr. Endeley’s prediction, stands as the last straw to break the camel’s back which must be resisted energetically by all us. To pretend to be indifferent is to deny your roots and betray God’s will.
-Reaffirms that the CDC, its headquarters in Bota, Victoria is to British Southern Cameroons what Fako Mountain, Victoria natural deep seaport, Kupe Manenguba Mountain, Kilum Mountain is/are to British Southern Cameroonians; inseparable and in transferable. We have had enough of Yaoundé’s arm twisting aimed at the consolidation of annexation, annihilation and assimilation of our Fatherland, British Southern Cameroons. The will of the people through collective resistance for national rebirth must triumph for their dignity. Rebellion against foreign aggression in collective national self-defence is neither a crime nor a sin for as God created Mt Fako as part of this our heritage; the CDC was established by law in 1947 for the defined purpose of the development of British Southern Cameroons. It is our heritage!
ON THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE, THE COUNCIL;
- Disturbed by grave sufferings of the innocent Africans within the Lake Chad Basin due to Boko Haram’s menaces, the growing waves of insurgencies on the African continent and in the world at large,
- Grieved by the constant numerous deaths of Africans in the Sahara Desert and Mediterranean Sea in their desperate efforts to flee from oppression and economic misery perpetrated by the tyrants on the African continent,
- Cognisant of the persistent depletion of the limited resources of African nations by their Presidential Monarchs and their cronies which are stored in safe havens in Europe, the Americas and West Indies,
- Mindful of the holding of the 2016 AU Summit in Kigali, Rwanda,
- Considering the referendum in the UK on Brexit and the appointment of a new Prime Minister,
- Conscious of the UN’s founding mission to humanity and the prevention of wars that cause human suffering,
1 (a)- Salutes the joint task force fighting the Boko Haram insurgents and appeal to the international community to intensify their support in the resettlement and rehabilitation of displaced people to enable the affected rebuild their lives.
(b)- In acknowledging and commending the efforts at fighting terrorism in Africa and the world at large, prays due attention should be given to finding out the root causes of terrorism – the growing threat to global security and human development.
2.(a)-Mourns with the affected families and calls on Africans in general to rise up and enthrone democracy and the rule of law the sure guarantor of peace and unity based on justice and enduring economic development and human progress.
(b) Calls on western nations to stop collaborating with African dictators at the detriment of Africa and cooperate with all Africans in their legitimate efforts to attain both political and economic freedom and independence.
- a)- Makes a special appeal to western democratic nations to assist African nations in recovering looted funds by corrupt African leaders.
b)- Calls on western nations to adopt legislation making it a crime for any bank to assist in hiding looted funds for as corruption, embezzlement are responsible for Africa’s underdevelopment, refugees will continue to invade the shores of Europe and America. Corruption and embezzlement of public funds in Africa is contagious. African democracy, the rule of law and development will enhance global development and stability.
- a) -Congratulates the Government and people of Rwanda for playing host to the AU Summit of July 2016.
b)- Warmly salutes the AU Commission and the AU Summit for adopting an African Common Passport which will greatly facilitate trade, services and tourism within the African Continent and boost the drive towards African Unity.
- c) – Reminds African leaders that till date the Constructive Dialogue approved by the AU Summit of 2009 under the Good Offices of the African Commission between Southern Cameroons leaders and the Government of President Paul Biya of la Republique du Cameroun has not taken place.
- d) – Calls on the AU Summit to take all necessary disposition and ensure the holding of the Constructive Dialogue in the AU Headquarters, Addis Ababa, within a specified time frame. But should President Paul Biya continue to with impunity ignore the AU Summit approved Ruling and recommendation, the continental body through the Chairperson of the AU Commission should table the British Southern Cameroons Question at the UN under Article 35 of the UN Charter.
- a)-Takes judicious note of the will of the British people expressed through the ballot box.
- b) -Congratulates the British people in expressing their inherent and eternal right of self-determination and their decision to exit the European Union which is now subject of negotiation to determine the future relationship between the U.K. and E.U.
c)- Congratulates the new Prime Minister, The RT. HON. THERESA MAY on her deserved election to this prestigious post.
d)- In congratulating and welcoming Mrs. Theresa May to this prestigious post, Council draws her High attention to Britain’s unfinished task in the UN Trust Territory of Southern Cameroons under UK Mandate in that botched decolonisation facilitated annexation and colonial occupation for UK failed in her sacred responsibility- moral and legal- to ensure the implementation of UN Resolution 1608 of April 21,1961.
e)- Calls on PM Theresa May, that as a mother and Chief negotiator on Brexit and in view of the error of 1961, she should write her name in gold in the sands of history by leading her government place the British Southern Cameroons Question on the agenda of the UN for peaceful exit of British Southern Cameroons from annexation and colonial occupation of la Republique du Cameroun.
6.a)- Draws the attention of the UN to the fact that the UN Trust territory of the Southern Cameroons under UK Administration is the only Trust territory which unlike all others that graduated from trusteeship to sovereign independence; the Southern Cameroons, due to non- implementation of UNGA Resolution 1608 of April 21, 1961, descended into annexation and colonial occupation and assimilation under another former UN Trust territory, la Republique du Cameroun, which had its independence from France on January 1, 1960.
- b) –Mindful of UN’s declaration of annexation as a crime against humanity and threat to world peace, calls on the UN to listen to the legitimate cry of the British Southern Cameroonian people and apply the very measures that were applied in similar circumstances such as in Namibia, East Timor, among others, to free the people from the consequences of UN’s failure to respect Art. 76(b) of UN Charter and UNGA Res. 1514 of 1960, and save Africa from genocide. One more genocide that the UN could have avoided, will be genocide too many for the African continent and an irremovable scar on the UN.
Done in Bamenda, this 16th July, 2016.
NFOR, N. NFOR
National Chairman (SCNC)