- INCONTROVERTIBLE FACTS
- British Southern Cameroons was a distinct UN Trust territory under UK administration.
- British Southern Cameroons attained self-government in 1954. It practiced Parliamentary democracy. It was a shining example of democracy in colonial Africa, with free and transparent elections there was peaceful transfer of power from Prime Minister Dr. Endeley to Mr Foncha in 1959.
- When French Cameroun acceded to independence as la Republique du Cameroun on January 1, 1960, British Southern Cameroons was a self-governing trust. The two distinct Cameroons never had any territorial dispute. Their territorial boundaries based on colonial treaties which became immutable and inviolable are well known.
- There is no union treaty and nothing legal binding British Southern Cameroons and la Republique du Cameroun together. British Southern Cameroons is a victim of foreign occupation and illegal territorial acquisition by la Republique du Cameroun. This violates UN Charter, Art. 4(b) of the AU Constitutive Act and international law.
- EFFORTS AT PEACEFUL RESOLUTION OF THE POLITICAL CONFLICT.
- All efforts by the SCNC for dialogue are met with brutal repression, arbitrary arrests, detentions under life-threatening conditions that lead to silent genocide, extra-judicial killings, among others.
- Calls for dialogue by British Southern Cameroons Natural Rulers and political leaders have all been ignored with impunity by President Paul Biya.
- The UN SG, H.E. Kofi Annan, while on visit to Yaoundé in 2000 called for meaningful dialogue between the stake holders. SCNC welcomed it. But President Biya equally ignored the appeal.
- In the Ruling on Communication 266/2003, the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR) called for Constructive Dialogue under the Good Offices of the Commission. This Ruling was approved by the AU Summit of Libya in 2009. Till date President Paul Biya has refused to submit to the Constructive Dialogue.
- OUR SOLEMN APPEAL
- We appeal to the EU, all democratic nations of Europe to mount pressure on President Paul Biya to submit to the CONSTRUCTIVE DIALOGUE.
- We call on the EU to support the SCNC and the British Southern Cameroonian people in their legitimate strive to restore democracy, the rule of law and freedom in British Southern Cameroons.
- We salute the UNPO for their support and pray that this support be intensified for the ultimate goal to be attained under the UN Charter soonest.
- We appeal to all lovers and defenders of FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY and RULE OF LAW, all human rights organisation and the Press to come to our rescue and avoid another Rwanda genocide in Africa.
Long Live Universal support for Human Freedom, for an end to all forms of colonialism!
Long Live the Right to SELF- DETERMINATION!
British Southern Cameroons will be FREE!
NFOR, N. NFOR
National Chairman (SCNC)